This is a great side to bring to a barbecue. Super fresh and light and can be prepared ahead of time. You can serve it hot, right after cooking or put it in the fridge and serve it cold later. I would imagine letting it sit in the fridge would bring out the flavours even more. It is worth it to try to track down some Israeli couscous (a lot bigger than typical couscous); it's tasty and healthy.
Israeli Coucous Salad with Tomatoes and Arugula
2 cups cooked Israeli couscous
1 pint small tomatoes, cut in half
1 medium zuchini, diced
Few large handfuls of arugula
lemon juice and zest
grainy dijon mustard
1. Cook couscous according to package directions. I like to cook mine in chicken broth instead of plain water for extra flavour.
2. Dice zuchini and sautee in a little olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper.
3. Whisk together about 1/4 cup balsamic and 1/3 cup olive oil and 1-2 tsp dijon. Add pinch of salt, pepper, 2-3 cloves minced garlic, juice and zest of one lemon.
4. Add tomatoes and dressing to couscous and mix over low heat and cook for a minute or two.
5. Add arugula and cook for another minute or two until arugula is slightly wilted.
6. Top with feta and serve.